What is an EPC?
- An Energy Performance Certificate is a legal requirement for all landlords from 1st October 2008. This gives the property an Energy and an Environmetal Rating on he property you are letting. (similar to those on a fridge the rating is from A-G)
When is an EPC required?
- It is only required when a new tenant moves in, and is not needed for existing tenants even if you extend their contract.
How much will it cost?
- The Cost can vary between Domestic Energy Assessors, Size of Properties and Locations.
How long does it last?
- The Energy Performance Certificates last for12 months if part of you HIP pack, but 10 years if it is for a property to be let by a Private or Social Landlord.
What happens if i don't get one?
- If the Landlord doesn't get one there is a penatly of £200, imposed by trading standards.